Vintage Pickin’ Spring Barn Sale: What You Need to Know
It’s Vintage Pickin’ time! Eric and I have been to the Vintage Pickin Barn Sale twice (Spring and Fall) and had a blast both times! The spring sale is May 3-4 and we already have our tickets! This post is a recap of our experience in case you’re thinking about going. I take lots of photos mainly for inspiration and I want to share just a few of them to give you an idea of what to expect. Just know that there’s so much more going on than what I captured! You’ll definitely want to check out the Vintage Pickin’ website, FB page, and Instagram to get updates and see lots of beautiful photos!
What You Need to Know Before You Go
- Photos—Plan to take lots of photos! So many great ideas! Don’t miss the VP photo booth at the gate. Everyone’s taking pictures with their Vintage Pickin’s buddies so don’t worry about looking or feeling silly!
There are always several vendors I want to remember for future reference—to visit their online shop or storefront, so I take a photo of the vendor’s business card as well as their booth.
2. What to wear—Comfortable shoes and clothing are a must. The property is beautiful but this is a barn sale. You’ll be walking across a hay field, on gravel, grass, and dirt. Check the weather before you go (Fyfee, Alabama). You might need a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a rain poncho. Welcome to Spring in Alabama!
—An over the shoulder, lightweight purse with just the necessities will allow for hands-free shopping.
—A rolling cart would be great to transport smaller items you purchase. Large items can be left with the vendor and picked up and loaded at a designated area.
3. How to pay—Most vendors accept cards for purchases but cash is always good. Small bills are best for food and drink purchases.
4. Food—there’ll be several food truck options and they’re all DELICIOUS! Tables are set up for eating (and resting). We opt for a bench in the shade. It’s a perfect “people watching” spot!
5. Bathrooms–Porta Pottys are available at the entrance and near the vendors.
6. Fun—live music adds to the fun!
7. Tickets for the event can be purchased online (recommended) or at the gate. If you hurry and purchase an Early Pickin’ ticket you’ll have a chance to win lots of prizes! Click here to see the ticket prices and more details about the event.
Make sure you say “hey” to April at the Vintage Pickin’ Tent just inside the gate and be sure to get some Vintage Pickin’ Merchandise (it sells out fast!)
This year we’re multiplying the fun and taking a crew with us! Hope to see you there!
If you have any questions that I didn’t answer here, just leave a comment on this post.